Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sausage and Peppers Pizza


We just returned from holidays and I have been busy trying to clean out my pantry and freezer.  Lucky for me I found some uncased breakfast sausage, a Boboli pizza crust and some pizza sauce.  I decided to create a sausage and peppers pizza.  It was delicious and truly easy to make.

Sausage and Peppers Pizza


1 package mild Italian sausage
1 baked pizza crust
pizza sauce
grated cheese (I used a cheddar/mozarella mix)
1 finely chopped red bell pepper

If you have sausage links, remove the sausage from the casings and fry in a pan over medium high heat until cooked through.  Drain the grease from the sausage in a colander or paper towel.

Preheat the oven to 400F.  On a large baking sheet, put the baked pizza crust and cover with pizza sauce.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Pour the cooked and drain sausage over top of the cheese and top the sausage with the peppers.  Bake in the oven for about 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and brown.

No comments: