Friday, June 11, 2010

Breakfast Hash


While in Albuquerque, we had a traditional New Mexican breakfast made with green chiles, eggs, cheese, and potatos.  Upon returning home, I was craving that breakfast, but decided to make it a bit healthier so I can feed it to my son.  This is so simple and SO delicious.  The best part is that you can reheat it for lunch or breakfast the following day.



All I did was grate a sweet potato into a frying pan.  I eyeballed this and used about a quarter to a half of sweet potatoe.  It really depends on how many you are serving and how much you want as leftovers.  Once that was sufficiently softened, I added peas, red bell pepper and spinach, as well as some ham that I had in the fridge (at this point, you can add chopped, roasted, seeded green chile, but I didn't to this one as my 14 month old was eating it).  I beat about 2 eggs and added that to the scrambled/omelette mixture, along with some cheese until everything was cooked. 


This was really hearty and really delicious.  My son loves it.

No comments: