Sunday, September 5, 2010

Get Crackin'

That is a motto that I need to live up to.  I have been so absent from my food blog lately that I must apologize.  I have people ask me what I have done all summer, and all I can say is "nothing."  But, I have done something, and that is sit inside listening to the rain and watch the mudpit rise in my backyard.  We moved into a new subdivision last year, and, as everything is still under construction, I have spent my summer dealing with construction workers working on my and adjoining houses.  I did manage to landscape and plant trees, etc, and it's amazing to me how the summer flew by and I did not get out to the mountains, nor frequent the Farmers Markets as much as I intended, or try new restaurants like I wanted.

So, a thousand apologies.  Now that it is September, I am starting to crave food and baking again.  Root vegetables speak to me and I love their look and taste and addition to any meal or sweet. And, as we begin to move indoors again, there are a lot of food events occurring which I am attending with much excitement.  So, please stay tuned for write ups on new recipes, new food events, and exciting ventures.

No comments: